Thursday, April 1, 2010

Forsyth Center Galleries in Bryan, TX


Last December I entered into the 2nd Annual Regional Juried Art Exhibition at the Forsyth Center Galleries in Bryan, TX. Two of my pieces were selected: Margin Lines and Toothbrush Bristles. Yesterday (March 31) I traveled down to Bryan to install these two pieces. The drive down was very scenic and beautiful-fields of yellow flowers, ponds, lakes, green pastures, and seeing the trees begin to bloom into color. When I arrived in Bryan around 4pm, I found the gallery, which is located on N. Main St. The show had not yet been hung. I finished installing the two pedestal pieces and took some pics of the gallery and looked at some of the work from other artists. Bryan is a bustling town and a very nice place and location to visit and live.
Because the drive was long- 230 miles one way, I could not spend a whole lot of time looking around. I plan to spend more time when I go back to pick up the pieces in June. I had to make my way back to Commerce and left around 6:30pm. I arrived in Commerce after 11pm-over eight hours of total driving and over 460 miles driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment