Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Evening Bicycle Ride


I love bicycle rides-my favorite time of day is in the evening when the sun is setting. It's always exciting to ride down new county roads and see different scenery while coming across animals and wildlife. I researched a new bike route on Sunday I wanted to go down, which I thought would take me to Cooper lake where I could see part of it. I brought along the camera for the first time so I could begin documenting some of the roads and interesting things I may see--I'm glad I did! I went down some dirt roads that were not typically where you would want to drive your car. When I was riding along the edge of a paved road, I happened to see a snake at the last second right there in the grass on the side of the road. I'm glad I did not run over it, and it caught my attention because its head was off the ground. I quickly turned around so I could see it and then took pics of it. I watched it as it moved in the grass until it was out of sight. During the entire ride I saw: cows, horses, donkeys, rabbits, dogs, sheep, squirrels, a live snake and dead snakes. When I came to Dog Town road I went to the very end, but it was a dead end. I was probably close to Cooper lake, but there was no way to see it at that spot. I ended up about 8 miles or so out of Commerce. On the way back I headed down Hwy 24 that goes to Cooper. Altogether the ride was probably bewteen 15-20 miles. I arrived back home at dusk.

No comments:

Post a Comment