Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Yale Summer Session Exhibition

Last night I went to the opening of the show Summer Session Exhibition. It was a good show with sculpture, photographs, drawings, and paintings. I put two of my pieces in the show. Today was the final day of class. We met in the Gallery to have critiques. After the critiques Michael showed us his video work on a screen. That went to about 5:30pm and so only an hour was left. Towards the end of class he gave us some paper and black paint to draw something on. I poured some paint onto the paper and started to let the drips run onto the paper in different directions. I was really pleased with the result, which only took about 30 seconds (see below). The experiences of going to NY and taking this sculpture class at Yale have been so incredible that I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. It has been the best time of my life seeing sights and meeting people from all over the globe. It's sad it has to come to an end in only five weeks. Tomorrow my flight back to DFW leaves at 6:15pm, and I land in Ft. Worth at 9:03pm. I will not be in Commerce very long as I will then be leaving Saturday morning to go to Glorietta, New Mexico as well as Santa Fe for a family trip for one week. I have traveled a lot this summer including Marfa, TX and seeing Carlsbad Caverns in New Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment