Saturday, August 1, 2009

NY-Chelsea Hotel/ Sta. of Liberty

Yesterday I took the 9:30am train to Grand Central. It was an overcast day and began raining when I walked to Union Station. It didn't look like it was going to be a very pleasant day to be walking a lot outside. However, I needed to go to NY and boarded up on the train. When I got off the train, it was not raining so that was a relief. I walked toward 23rd St between 7th and 8th Avenues for the Chelsea Hotel. I wanted to see this hotel and go inside because it is very historical and houses artwork. Unfortunately a man would not let me go beyond the lobby area. I did see some artwork on the walls and took a couple of pictures. My intention was to see some art galleries in the Chelsea neighborhood, which my teacher mentioned being in that area. I did not realize how hard it was going to be to find them. I walked pretty much all day, and finally decided to head to lower Manhattan. I walked on SoHo St. and all the way down to the tip of Lower Manhattan! I walked at least five miles from Grand Central to Chelsea to Battery Park. The weather held up in the afternoon. When I bought some more postcards, the lady there said a storm was coming about 5pm. I wanted to do something good before I left so I went to one of the piers on the harbor and saw the tall ship Peking. I then went down to see if the ferry for Liberty Island was still open. I bought a ferry ticket to see the Statue of Liberty. Because it was later in the day, the museum was closed and the inside of the statue. I took good pictures from the outside. Then it started raining a lot harder. There wasn't much else to do so I took the ferry back to Manhattan. I then found the subway station and went to Grand Central. One of the last highlights of the trip will be going with a group from the dorm to a NY Mets baseball game. We leave this afternoon at 5:00pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment