Sunday, July 19, 2009

Learning Chinese

This morning I attended church at Trinity Baptist. While I was walking there, I took a wrong turn and ended up being far from it. Probably after 30 minutes of walking I finally found it. Talked to Dr. Ian and Mr. Bob who helped me out the first day I came to New Haven. The streets in New Haven can be tricky. I feel like I have to be on my guard more so in New Haven than in NY (not because of the streets though). On several occasions people in New Haven will straight up ask you for spare change. That doesn't sound bad, but it's the feeling you get around those type of people that makes you uncomfortable. In NY it is not as bad because so many people are around you. After lunch at the dining hall, I went to the cemetery to take some pictures of Eli Whitney's grave and enjoy the quietness and beauty of the environment. I've become really good friends with my room mates. The two Chinese students names are Shuai Dang and Sun Hao. The one Korean student name is T.J. Park. I enjoy eating with Sunny (Sun Hao) and Shuai's Chinese friends at the dining hall. I've played some ping pong, and Friday a big group of us played Ultimate Frisbee. I am trying to learn some Chinese words and phrases. It is one of the harder languages to learn. They are very, very friendly students and enjoy having a good time, but working hard. I'm so glad to have this opporunity to get to know them better and vice versa!

No comments:

Post a Comment