Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Rolling up lakes

Went to the Yale Center for British Art this morning and saw some paintings worth noting by John Constable and J.M.W. Turner. Saw a variety of paintings of landscapes, seascapes, men of war ships, animals, and portraits. Solid collection! In class we finished the first project and showed them in a gallery space. Each person (4) had a short critique. Part of my piece was cutting out the lakes from a Connecticut state map and rolling them into balls and placing them in a ziploc bag. The concept is that the lakes of water can be contained in a small bag. I plan on cutting out all the lakes at least from all the States in the U.S. and rolling them into tiny balls. May do all the lakes in the world. Tonight, I'm washing and drying clothes. I found out by email tonight that I was selected to go to the Phantom of the Opera show on Saturday in NY!

No comments:

Post a Comment